Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday's Tips: Disneyland Review

Hello everyone! Sheesh, time sure flies here in the Happiest Place On Earth! I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last blogged! ;) Well, today, this is a guest post by my lovely little sister, Gwen. She recently went to Disneyland, and wrote up a nice review of her time. Enjoy! 

In June, I spent almost a full day at Disneyland in California. My family and I had Disney passes for many years, but about two years ago we decided not to renew them. So, finally going back to Disneyland was amazing.

Gwen, my sister Anna, and a really good friend on their trip to Disneyland!


There had been many renovation since I had last visited. Our first stop was California Adventure. One place I went that I had never been to was Cars Land. Cars Land was amazing. They really capture the ambiance of the film. We went on a ride called Radiator Springs Racers that takes you through Cars Land and then at the end, you race the person next to you. When we went, the line was about 2 hours long. We did not want to wait that long, so we decided to go in the single rider line. The single rider normally cuts the wait down by half. So, if you are okay with not riding next to someone in your party, I would suggest going into the single rider line to cut down the time. Next we hit the Arial ride, which was new to me as well. I loved it.

Image courtesy of greentleaf. Click here for original. 
Later in the day, we headed over the Disneyland. I have always loved the atmosphere of Disneyland. It is nice and friendly. We got Fastpasses for Indiana Jones first. It is smart to get Fastpasses for Indiana Jones in the summer because the line is almost always about 2 hours long. When we started to get a little hungry for something sweet, we decided to go to Poohs Corner in Frontierland. Pooh Corner is one if my favorite sweet places in Disneyland. It always has lots of options and unique treats. We got a small chocolate truffle, which was amazing. The rice krispie treats are wonderful there as well.

Seriously, one of the best rides in Disneyland.
Image courtesy of lori05871. Click here for the original.

For the rest of the day we strolled around and went on some rides that did not have a long line. We managed to hit the Star Tours ride, which was incredible. Disneyland reconstructed the StarTours ride so that there are almost 19 different movies that play in the ride. That means that every time you go on it, it will probably be one you have not seen. Later that evening, we decided to get a pretzel. The store had a couple different options, but I chose to get the cream cheese filled pretzel. It was delicious. After I finished that I was full. For the rest of the night we walked around the park looking at different things and going on little fun rides. We were all so tired that we chose to head home. I had a great time going back to the Happiest Place on Earth. I wish I could go more often!

Image courtesy of hyku. Click here for original. 
Thanks Gwen for your wonderful review! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment