Saturday, May 25, 2013

Darth Vader Cucpakes and Backlot Express


I love cupcakes. Not nearly as much as Mickey Ice Creams, but I still love cupcakes. When I saw there was going to be a Darth Vader cupcake for Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios, I had to try it. So, yesterday, I moseyed over to the Backlot Express and got this monsterous creation.


"I know this is probably your first cupcake, and it's mine too. Ha ha." 
Let me tell you, it was AMAZING. Because of the heat, my chocolate started to melt right away. Be warned folks, this creation is messy in this Florida weather.
I don't know if I will ever get a picture of me without a sunburn. Welcome to Florida. :) On the other hand, the cupcake looks great! 

The icing was a perfect mix of creamy chocolate and nutty peanut butter. The chocolate coating on the outside corresponded perfectly with the peanut butter icing.

The cake could have been a little moister for my taste, but it was still good. Coupled with the peanut butter icing, it was fantastic. Overall, well worth the cost, and easily the optimal size for my lunch ;) if you are having this as a snack, be warned: it is very sweet and you may want to split it with someone. These cupcakes are a limited edition for Star Wars Weekends, which ends June 9. You can get them at ABC Commissary, Pizza Planet Arcade, Studio Catering Company, Darth's Mall, Sunset Ranch Market, and of course, Backlot Express.

Just look at that icing. I could so go for another one right now! 

Now, enough about the cupcake and on to the restaurant. Backlot is a quick service place right around the corner from Star Tours. The theming in this location is spectacular. Make sure to take it all in, including looking way up high. You could dine next to paint cans or underneath statues. Inside, seating can tend to be limited on busy days, I couldn't find anywhere inside to sit. However, there is a huge expanse of outdoor seating nicely shaded. With a light breeze, this spot was completely comfortable and I was able to enjoy my cupcake without frying into a lobster.






Overall, the Star Wars cupcake was spectacular, and the Backlot a nice place to grab a quick bite before battling a Storm Trooper.


May the Force be with you! Enjoy your cupcakes!

What's your favorite Hollywood Studios quick service?





















No comments:

Post a Comment