Thursday, May 23, 2013

TRADITIONS!

This is possibly one of the most important days in my Disney career. TRADITIONS! Honestly, I can't say too much about this morning. I got up at 5:30 am, did some God-time, grabbed breakfast, then changed into my business clothes. Because we have to look sharp(Disney Look) for Traditions, it was heels and a pencil skirt.

No better way to start my Disney day.   :) 
I jumped on the bus to Disney University. This building is amazing. I wish I could take pictures, but unfortunately, it is all backstage Disney, so no photos allowed. Let me tell you, if you ever have the privilege of working for Disney and your Traditions class takes place in Disney University, you are in for a treat. Just imagine the best Disney magic you can in a school environment. ;)



I have a job here. Oh. My. Gosh. 
We worked our way through Traditions, and that included getting our Cast ID's. You know what that means: ENTRANCE TO THE PARKS! Woo hoo, the day I had been waiting for! Spoiler Alert: if you are going to take Traditions and want it to be a surprise, skip down to the end of this post. ;)

Our first view of the castle. 
Halfway through class, we got a visit from the Big Boss himself. Let me tell you, first day of paid training and the Boss shows up, we are all going to be on our best behavior. But he was courteous and wonderful as always, and even blew me a kiss. Seriously, there is nothing like working for Mickey Mouse himself. After that, it was on to the second best part of class: THE MAGIC KINGDOM! Yes. I just got paid to walk around the Magic Kingdom. Can you please tell me what job on this planet could be better? Let me say, the Lord knew what He was doing when He gave me a job at Disney. ;)

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom. 

After the Magic Kingdom, we were back in the classroom to finish up. I won't lie, the videos they showed us about the impact Disney has on people and how Cast Members are the reason Disney succeeds got me a little emotional. Especially the video of Walt Disney himself welcoming us to the company. I would have loved to meet that man. I think if I could go back in time, I would make that my life's goal.

On the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom! My poor face is still recovering from a horrendous sunburn... :( 
Well, the day wasn't all work. Second stop: THE MAGIC KINGDOM! Again. Because honestly, you can never have too much Magic in your life. NEVER. I dare you to argue with me on this point. ;) Getting off the Monorail, walking up Main Street, staring at the Castle, was a day I had dreamed about for months. All those long winters in Indiana, I couldn't wait to get back to Disney. And here I was. Our first stop was the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. They replaced the Disneyland Treehouse with a Tarzan version several years ago, so this was the first time I could remember doing Swiss Family. Next was Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

Slightly dark, but this is a view of the castle from the Treehouse. 

I had never done this ride before, and it was fun! 

Tabby, Ariel, and me. 

Then on to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic. Let me tell you, that show is great when you need a cool break. I loved it. :)

The Castle and Tomorrowland 

Stylin' ;) 

Erin and me 

Then, we got to ride the one ride I have waited years for. THE LITTLE MERMAID! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this mermaid fanatic finally got to see Ariel, Scuttle, Flounder, and Sebastian in a dark ride. A DARK RIDE FOR ARIEL. Oh my goodness. I almost freaked out. Tabby was riding with me, and she gratefully put up with my fan girl craziness. I also Snap Chatted all my friends pictures from the ride. They probably hate me now. :)

Our first view of Space Mountain. It was a gorgeous day. 

Love this ride, too. Not as much as Haunted Mansion, but it is still a good one. 

After that, it was on to Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Yes, another freakout moment. I am OBSESSED with the Haunted Mansion. Obsessed. I love that ride. We might have the opportunity to do a walk through tour as CM's, and you can be sure I will be on it. "Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion." I love the library scene in the WDW version that we don't get in California.

Fantasyland is one of my favorite lands in all of WDW. 
Tabby and me on Little Mermaid. 
ARIEL! 
At this point, we were almost dead, but had to hit a few more things. So, Tabby and I headed to Fantasyland through Cinderella's castle. We wandered Tomorrowland before jumping a bus back home. It was time for Night of Lights.

New friends and beautiful castle. 

Welcome home. I LIVE HERE! 

Stitch is so cute ;) 
Seriously, Disney has housing events like no one else. This one was a neon event. There was tons of pizza(YUM! I was starving by this point, after our day in the parks), characters(Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Goofy), dancing, and, of course, glow sticks!

Yummy pizza and awesome CM's. It was a great night! 

A little blurry, I know, but the pizza was awesome! 

Lights in the Night 
So much fun. Well, this day was amazing. I am now an official Disney employee. Eek! I can't believe I can truly say that! My training starts this weekend, and I can't wait to start creating magic for the guests. Sleep tight everyone, and be ready for a Star Wars filled post tomorrow. May the Force Be With YOU!

Sadly,  I ended up with creepy white eyes in this pic and can't fix them :( 

Love these two! They are always fun! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment