Thursday, August 15, 2013

Magical Mondays: I Got Locked In A Tea Cup By A Cowgirl

Sorry for this extended break from blogging! I have been so busy lately, even my playing in the parks time has been cut down :) But, without further ado, here is the next Magical Mondays post, albeit not on a Monday. But hey, Disney schedules never follow the correct days of the week, so it doesn't really matter, right? 

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain....

Merchandise was never my first choice when I was dreaming of working at Disney. Please don't misunderstand me, I am so grateful for my job and I love the people I get to interact with on daily basis. It's just that merchandise isn't my passion and every day I spend here I realize that. All that goes to say, sometimes I just have to look even harder for those magical moments. These past few weeks have been like that. But the deeper I dig for those magical moments the stronger they are. 


Somedays, you just have to play charades with a bear :) 

Two little cowgirls come to mind when I think over this past month's magical moments. I was having an especially long day. I had been at work since 6am, and at 14:30 I was ready to go home. As I was working on stocking ear hats(I LOVE hats, by the way :) anyone who works with me knows that!) two little girls entered my store with their parents. I don't know how the conversation started, but we began playing dress up with the hats. Come to find out one of the little girls had my same name! After we both got really excited about this random fact, it was on to the games!

Ohmmmmmmm......a little meditation time with Rafiki..... 
In the space of that half hour, we went from being cowgirls on a ranch, to princesses, to one of them being the Mad Hatter and locking me in a teacup and the other the princess to rescue me. We tried on more hats and played more characters than I had in a long while. After their parents had bought their purchases, my little namesake brought me her brand new autograph book, stating that she wanted me to be the first person to sign it, on the very first page. Of course, we had to take pictures to go with this autograph too! I gave that little cowgirl a big hug, and then she skipped out of my life.

Mike and Sully taught me the "scary feet" technique so I wouldn't be so clumsy! 

I never expected to see either of those two girls again, but the very next day, I was working hats again when they came into my store. It was just the littlest cowgirl and her mom, but she was all smiles and kept calling me. I ran over and gave her a big hug. Her mom told me that it was their last day, and they couldn't leave without stopping by my store to say goodbye. We played one more game of the-Mad-Hatter-locks-Lizzie-in-the-tea-cup-to-be-rescued-by-the-fairy, and then I gave her one more hug and blew her a kiss goodbye. I will never forget those adorable little cowgirls who couldn't leave Disney without saying goodbye to me.

We celebrated Harry Potter's birthday at the UK. 
It is those magical moments that make my job so worthwhile. Sometimes, I just don't want to stock another Goofy t-shirt, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the magic that I get to make everyday, the little princesses and space rangers that I get to see smile, the ability I have to keep the magic alive for each and every guest. Because, that is what working for the Mouse is all about. 


4 comments:

  1. I love this, dearie! Sometimes we all have to dig a little deeper to find those moments. Thanks for sharing the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you are the sweetest :) Miss you, dear friend! Give TU a big hug for me, okay? Sprinkle some of your own Kelsey magic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through your Windows and Bananas blog. I don't remember how I got there but the Compassion Family piqued my interest. I homeschool my 15yr. old daughter and would like to introduce Compassion Family to her. This is wonderful that you work at Disney World. I can't wait to take a family trip to Disneyland or Disney World. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yolanda! Thanks for stopping by, it is wonderful to hear from you! Compassion is an incredible ministry that has really touched my heart. There is nothing greater than being a part of a child's life and being able to share Jesus with them, even though they are half way across the world. You can find out all the information at Compassion.com. Please, let me know if you have any questions! Also, if you do make it Disney, you will have to stop by and say hi! :)

      Delete