Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taking Magic For Granted

When I sat down to write this post, my mind was drawing a blank. I haven't written a magical moments post for a long time, but I hadn't realized it. And when I went to write this one, I finally recognized why: because lately, I have felt like the magic of my day to day life had been lost.


Sometimes. I decide to ride the Astro Orbitor with Merida hair ;) 

I went back and read some of my previous posts, and saw a common pattern. So often, those moments that I had deemed magical then, were everyday and commonplace to me now. I sew first time ear hats and hand out Mickey stickers everyday. Those moments that used to be magical have been woven in to the fabric of my everyday life, and instead of sparkling with color, they have become dull and lifeless.




Know why? Because I have started to take making magic for granted. It is no longer a new adventure I embark upon everyday. And the worst part? It took me until now to realize it.



So today, I am heading into work with a different perspective. The little princess who walked into my toys section to cuddle a plush Mickey might be the 145th princess I have seen today. She might be messing up my plush wall I just took the last 45 minutes to fix(my fellow Cast Members understand the terrors of the plush wall ;) ). But you know what? None of that really matters, because this might be the only time in her life she can come to Disney. This might be the one chance she will get today to snuggle with Mickey. And I might be the one Cast Member who gets to make her day magical.


Our 6 am Toy Story crew! :) 
Today is going to be different from the past few weeks. Today, I am going to infuse my time with magic. I am going to give out more Mickey stickers, make more smiles, and talk to more little characters than I have in a long time. And at the end of my night, I can stand before my Boss confident that I have done my best, and hear him say "Well done."

You know what else is pretty magical? Amazing friends.
Don't know where I would be without each of these beautiful women! :) 


Let's go make some magic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment