Monday, July 15, 2013

Magical Mondays: Jessie, Captain Hook, and a Special Assignment from Mickey

I was having a tough week at work. My magical moments quota was virtually non-existent. And for a Disney Cast Member, that is completely unacceptable. So when I was assigned to stock Kids Toys on Friday, I knew I needed to make some magic and fast, otherwise I was going to lose all my pixie dust!


Magical Moment #1:
There is a giant wand above the kids toys section in our store. Every few minutes, the wand will spin in a slow circle. This is Mickey's special wand. There are also random wheels and gears all over the store, contributing to the theme. A little boy in my section began spinning one of these wheels. He turned to look at me with big blue eyes and asked what that wheel did and why he should turn it. I looked at him, thought about it for a split second, and responded.

"Why, that wheel spins the wand!"

His eyes got really big as he looked at me.

"Really?"

"Of course! It's Mickey's special wand, and that wheel keeps it going."


For the next half hour, anytime that wand started spinning, he would run over and spin the wheel. Finally, it was time for him to leave. I got down on my knees and looked him in the eye.

"You know, Mickey called me this morning, wanting to know if I had found anyone to spin his wand yet. I told him I hadn't, but I would be on the lookout today for that special person. And I found you! Mickey is going to be so excited when I tell him you were his special wand spinner!"

His eyes got big and he has a huge grin on his face. We talked about Mickey and his special wand for a few more minutes, before his dad called him away. As they left the store, I heard him telling his dad all about how he was Mickey's special help today. After a long week, that moment made it all worth it. :)

Puppy Dog Kisses 
Magical Moment #2: 
While on a register shift the other day, I was assigned to fitting rooms. Now, this isn't the most exciting position, because all I really do is stand there with a key and ask if people need to try things on. I knew I had to do something to make it fun. So I mustered all my energy and threw it into fitting rooms.

While on that shift, I had a beautiful little blonde toddler, with curls falling in her eyes and the biggest smile. She wasn't shy at all, so I got down and greeted her like the princess she was. She looked at me with her big eyes, and said she was not a princess. Her mom interjected, saying they had been watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates lately. Well, that made sense. She must be a pirate!

But when I asked her if she was a pirate, she smiled and said "I'm the crocodile!" She proceed to raise her little arms really high and show me exactly how a crocodile acts. Then sound affects were included, with her little voice going chomp, chomp, chomp. If Captian Hook had been around, he would have been very frightened of this little Tic Tock! We were having so much fun pretending to be crocodiles, that a guest waiting for the fitting room even asked her to do it again, which she quickly obliged. She walked away, chomping like a crocodile, scaring all the pirates ahead of her. 

Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin plays.... 

My Friend Jessie 
One of my all-time favorite parts of my job is when I get to door greet. Door greeters stand outside the doors and literally just talk to the people walking by. I always have a blast with this. Usually, I have on my Jessie cowboy hat, a Bullseye pillowpet, and a Mickey glove or Buzz Lightyear hand. The last time I was door greeting, I had an entire tour group stop outside my store to take pictures with me. It was hilarious! The one redhead the middle of a group of 50 Brazilian tourists. I am sure that picture is in a photo album somewhere, and I would love to see it. :)

Freedom, Apple Pie, and Fourth of July! 

While door greeting, I had a older couple walk up to me with an autograph book. They told me their granddaughter in Pennslyvania hadn't been able to make it on the trip, so they were collecting autographs. They said I was enough of a character on my own, I didn't need to be an official Disney character, and would I please sign their autograph book just as myself? So of course, I couldn't say no! With a smile, I signed my name and added a few Mickeys just for fun. Grinning, they walked away. My autograph was now in the same pages as some of the greats, even Mickey Mouse himself! These are just two of the countless magical moments I have experienced while door greeting. Seriously, it is my favorite part of my job! :) 
The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things. 
There have been so many magical moments these past weeks that you would be reading for hours if I tried to explain them all. I hope to do better at blogging this week, so that eventually you will be all caught up in magical memories! Have a magical day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment