Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday's Tips: Disneyland on a Budget #1

Today's Tip: How To Enjoy Disney Charm Without Monetary Harm #1 

I love Disneyland. There are few places I love more than Disneyland. Unfortunately  I can't afford to go to Disneyland all the time like I used too. Therefore, I have come up with a list of a few ways to get in the Disney spirit without having to enter the parks. Here is the first installment.

1) See the Fireworks 



It is possible to experience the magic of Disneyland Fireworks without a main entrance pass. There are several good locations to catch the beautiful display. My personal favorite is the Rotunda between Disneyland and California Adventure. 

                               Photo: Tours Departing Daily 

We like to sit sort of right in front of this sign, on the round reflective thing on ground. You can just plop down a few minutes before the show starts. You will have a wonderful view of the Main Street Station and the fireworks exploding above it. Every once in a while, they will even pipe in the music. If not, then you have the lovely sounds of a Disney soundtrack serenading your fireworks enjoyment. Either way, it adds a little magic.  


I have also heard that the view from the top of the Mickey and Friends parking lot is really good, but I haven't tried that one for myself. However, should this be an appealing idea, park in the Downtown Disney Lot because you can park free for two hours. Wander through Downtown Disney, grab a treat, then take the tram back to the parking structure. Head up the Minnie Mouse Escalator all the way to the top. Find a good spot along the wall, looking toward the parks. As far as I know, there is no music to this view. So, if you can, bring your smartphone and provide your own background music. 

I hope this tip helps you enjoy a little bit of Disney magic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment